Just Another Day

Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Monday

It's Monday, The weekend was pretty good. We went to Hickory to watch Ronnie Jr. race his first 150 mile race in his late model.He finished 14,which was really good didn't do any damage to his car,which was amazing with the wrecks they had.I'll have to post some pics when I get alittle better at this.He races at Kingsport race track in 2 weeks not even a mile from where his Grampa grew up.Can't wait for that race.Wow guess Curtis never imagined when he was growing up there that someday his Grandsons would be racing at that track.
Changing subjects here,Iwas bored the other night so started surfing the web for sites on Down Syndrome'thats a subject that is really of interests to me since our Precious Grandson Chase is a Down Syndrome Baby.I found some amazing sites and think everyone should just surf the web when they have time and look at the videos that are out there on babys and adults with D.S. They are truly a special group and should be recognized for their indivisuality,and how they have so much to give to the ones that love them!I will probally touch on this subject alot over the course of my posts here because it is so much a part of our lives now.God is truly Wonderful loving God we could not ask for a more precious gift then the one he gave us with Chase.If any of you have stories of knowing someone with D.S. please shrae them with me.Would love to hear from you.

1 Comments:

  • At March 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    Hello Judy, I'm so glad Ronnie, Jr did so well. I know they really enjoy that. Going to the Kingsport track will be quite an event. I am going to try and go there for Easter break. Haven't been to my dad's in a long, long time. Must go. But that will be around the 2nd of April maybe later.

    When I worked at Holy Angels in Belmont,NC several years ago they have a dome for several DS adults. I watched the videos that Holy Angels has on their Web site before I applied there, cried all the way through them. They started up a business in downtown Belmont where the DS girls and guys make candy dishes (for a lack of a better word and sell them. They do such awesome work. They were all so sweet. It thrills them to have some where to work. They take care of several DS babies also. Wonderful people to know and such a blessing to be around. I'll have to try and look up the name of that shop. There is also a camp for kids w/special needs. Norma that I clean for has a son w/ mile mental retardation and also autism. He is 1 year older than me and he still goes out there to that camp every summer. There is a place that Norma and Charlie founded here in Gaston County for kids w/special needs. I have to check on the name of that also. I was just thinking the other day about children w/disabilities and thought (believe it or not)that my grandchildren are blessed to be normal. Most of the time my kids do great w/them, however, the other part of the time not so great. So impatient w/them. Katie's baby has been sick and they are so tired of getting up w/him and he is driving them crazy w/his crying. I wish I didn't have to work, I would have kept him. I watched him Sunday afternoon. Didn't have a problem, not one. He did want to be held some, but I got laundry done, cooked supper, and got some homework done. I would stop when he wanted me to hold him, but I was so aggrivated w/them for being impatient w/a sick child and that is when I thought about the blessing of them not having any disabilities. Audra's boy Nicholas just turned 4 yrs. old and he has been on medicine for autism for over a year now, and they are still doing some tests and evaluations for him. He is so sweet, and soooo serious. Intelligent, so much.
    I started a post on my blog yesterday. Just the title, cause I wanted it to remind me of what I wanted to say. Haven't made it back yet to finish it. Look forward to your next post. Have a great night. Love you Karen

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home